Questions You Should Ask a Daycare Before Enrolling
At the Academy, we get lots of questions from parents who are looking for the best daycare Nashville has to offer for their children. In our blog this month, we want to share these questions with you, and encourage you to be asking these questions of any facility where you might enroll your child. You can find our answers to many of the questions below by downloading our handbook.
- How many children are in the daycare?
- What is the ratio of children to workers?
- What is the cost of tuition?
- Are there any extras included in the tuition?
- Are any discounts available (second sibling, advanced payment, etc.)?
- What happens if we’re late to pick-up or need to miss a day?
- Is there a waiting list?
- Are you licensed by the state or governing authority?
- What is your philosophy of education and what curriculum do you use to support it?
- What is a typical day like?
- How do you handle behavior problems like biting, hitting, or aggressiveness?
- Can you handle cloth diapers?
- What is the potty-training procedure?
- How often do you sanitize toys and materials used by the children?
- Do you serve meals and snacks or do I need to provide these?
- Do you accept children with food allergies?
- How do you safeguard children who have food allergies?
- Can a mother drop by to breast-feed her baby?
- What is your policy concerning baby bottle preparation?
- Must parents provide bottles prepared in advance?
- Will you mix formula?
- Can you handle frozen or pumped breast milk?
- What degrees, certifications, or training do your staff members have?
- Do you conduct background checks on all your employees?
- What is your rate of employee turnover?
- Do you administer prescribed medicine?
- Are workers trained in CPR and other life-saving methods?
Health, Safety, and Communication
- What are your policies for illness?
- What are your policies regarding immunizations?
- How do you keep parents informed about their child’s daily activities or behavior?
- What security measures do you have in place?
Get in Touch with Us
We are happy to answer all your questions. Click here to request more information.
More About The Academy
The Academy is an award-winning educational preschool with 5 day cares in Franklin, TN as well as other locations throughout Greater Nashville in Brentwood, Spring Hill, Hendersonville and Murfreesboro. If you are looking for the day cares Nashville has to offer please consider The Academy and check out all of our locations to find one near you.